Full Length Play, Drama / 5m, 5f
“Samuel D. Hunter evokes a world in which identity itself has come to seem confusingly mass-produced... Pocatello suggests that while the brand names may have changed, the blues sung by quietly desperate middle Americans still have the same old lyrics.” - The New York Times, Read More
"Hunter, as warmhearted a dramatist as can be experienced these days, crafts Pocatello as if it were a Robert Altman film.” - Entertainment Weekly, Read More
“A touching production, both heartbreaking and funny, with an excellent cast, thoughtfully directed by Davis McCallum.” - Associated Press
“★★★★ Skillful and moving, humanely rendered and shrewdly structured, Hunter’s writing achieves a new level of technical complexity and strikes keen, ringing notes.” - Time Out New York, Read More
ON BREAKING CHARACTER
Our Picks for The 2019/20 Season: K-12 Edition
April 23, 2019
KeywordsAging, Business, Friendship, Illness/Health, Love, Memory, Parenting/Family, LGBTQ+ Interest
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The play takes place entirely on the floor of a nation-wide Italian restaurant. franchise in Pocatello, Idaho. The set should be specific enough that we know exactly what it is but general enough that it could be anywhere in the country.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
MAX - Male, early 20s.
ISABELLE - Female, 20s.
TROY - Male, mid 30s.
DORIS - Female, 60s. Eddie and Nick’s mother.
NICK - Male, mid to late 30s. Eddie’s older brother.
KELLY - Female, mid 30s. Nick’s wife.
COLE - Male, 70s, Troy’s father.
TAMMY - Female, late 30s, Troy’s wife.
BECKY - Female, 17. Troy and Tammy’s daughter.
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Roles for Teens
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors