Skilfully adapted from the famous original story by Hans Christian Andersen, this is the story of Gerda, a little girl who searches for her friend Kai when he is bewitched and imprisoned by the Snow Queen in her ice palace. Gerda's innocence charms all good people and animals she meets on the way. They help her to the royal court, and on to Lapland, where good conquers evil and the children are reunited.
"a fairy-tale treat" (Arts Archive)
"takes the audience on a magical journey (Swansea Little Theatre)
"...a special poignancy and power" (This is South Wales)
"the play has everything" (Heathfield School)
"a great show for the whole family" (Coastal FM)
"moving and wonderfully warm" (Faust International Youth Theatre, Hong Kong)
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £52 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Not Applicable
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Additional Features: Audience Participation/Interactive
- Features / Contains: Fantasy Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Flexible casting with varying ages. Several roles can be male or female.
1996 Glenrothes Theatre Company, Fife, Scotland.