Full Length Play, Comedy / 5f
The hilarious story of five women who inherit equal shares in a dilapidated theatre and plan to bring it back to life again. A fast-paced and very funny comedy with five great roles for women.
Based on the author's earlier Respecting Your Piers, Curtain Up! is the hilarious story of five women who inherit equal shares in a dilapidated theatre and plan to bring it back to life again. They try various fund-raising schemes but their most ambitious is to hold a concert featuring local talent and a world-famous star who agrees to appear for no fee! However, their plans go awry and it's a race to keep their audience from guessing the truth of the matter. A fast-paced and very funny comedy with five great roles for women.
"A mad play, full of dynamism, momentum, funny dialogue and great surprises...
Proves that purely female plays can achieve great success and lots of laughter...
Well worth seeing - you can be assured of great entertainment"Topzine magazine
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Set around an old dilapidated theatre, backstage and on-stage.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- All Female
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors