Happy Birthday, Wanda June
by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 2f, 2m or f
"Can be richly and often pertinently funny [...] [with] a sure instinct for the carefully considered irrelevance [...] A great deal of incidental hilarity [...] [and] inspired idiocy." - The New York Times
Reviews"Can be richly and often pertinently funny...[with] a sure instinct for the carefully considered irrelevance...A great deal of incidental hilarity...[and] inspired idiocy." - The New York Times
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The living room of a rich man's apartment, which is densely furnished with trophies of hunts and wars.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Casting5m, 2f, 2m or f
PENELOPE RYAN - 30.
PAUL RYAN - 12, her son.
HAROLD RYAN - 55, her husband.
COLONEL LOOSELEAF HARPER - 5O, her husband's sidekick.
HERB SHUTTLE - 35, a suitor.
DR. NORBERT WOODLY - 35, a suitor.
WANDA ]UNE - 10, a ghost.
MAJOR SIEGFRIED VON KONIGSWALD - 50, a German ghost.
MILDRED - 45, Harold's former wife, a ghost.
- Roles for Children