Ken Ludwig's Midsummer/Jersey
by Ken Ludwig
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 10f
"A seamless blend of MTV reality show Jersey Shore and Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream... with fresh, poetic dialogue, frequent recitations of authentic quotes, and countless pop culture references." - Fairfax Connection
"Appealing to the cultural tastes and theatrical ambitions of the [next] generation" - The Washington Post
"A sensational jest of pop culture and examines the test of true love... An explosive combination of brassy personalities and bold hilarity"- Fairfax Station Patch
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The boardwalk of a seaside town in modern-day New Jersey.
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Cross gender casting
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Roles for Teens
- Flexible casting
- Multicultural casting
- Room for Extras
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Without doubling, at least 27 actors, 22 women and 5 men (but opportunities for more fairies, both male and female). With doubling, 15 actors: 10 women and 5 men.