Not A Game For Girls explores the most successful of the women’s football teams established to boost wartime morale, following the suspension of all Football League matches at the end of the 1914-15 season. The play aims to highlight their story, capturing the spirit and camaraderie that led women to ignore and defy prevailing social attitudes, both on and off the pitch.
Reviews‘Moving and Inspiring’ - One&Other Creative, ‘Poignant and affecting’ - The Pocklington Post, ‘A charming original work’ - Unknown Magazine
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: 1920s, 1910s / WWI
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)