by Caitlin McEwan
Short Play, Drama / 2f
Poor Michelle presents Harry – a play about friendship and fandom, exploring the impact on young people of a celebrity-obsessed, Twitter-fuelled culture where fantasy and reality are dangerously close.
“I think he’s everyone’s favourite.”
Caitlin and Sophie meet at university and quickly become best friends. United by their love of crisp sandwiches and the latest X Factor sensation, One Direction, they plaster the walls of their room with pictures of the band’s charismatic heartthrob, Harry Styles. But over time, the obsession that initially brings them together starts to have more damaging effects.
is a play about friendship and fandom, exploring the impact on young people of a celebrity-obsessed, Twitter-fuelled culture where fantasy and reality are dangerously close.
Published in the volume Harry & Thick Skin: Two Plays.
London Theatre 1
A Younger Theatre
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £39 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- All Female
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)