Full Length Play, Drama / 5m, 1f
"Christina Anderson’s Blacktop Skyserves as a mirror for issues in our society surrounding homelessness, police violence, relationships and above all, empathy." - San Diego Voice and Viewpoint
"Christina Anderson’s Blacktop Sky serves as a mirror for issues in our society surrounding homelessness, police violence, relationships and above all, empathy." - San Diego Voice and Viewpoint, Read More
"[...] as compelling and persuasive as it is adroit." - San Diego Story, Read More
"A searing exploration of poverty, homelessness and social disquietude." - San Diego Gay and Lesbian News, Read More
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The blacktop courtyard of a housing project. 2008.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
KLASS – 25; Black American male. A wanderer. Observant. Quiet. Poetic. Strong.
WYNN – 27; Black American male. Traditional. He prides himself on being a strong, sensible Black man. Plays tough although he’s rather sensitive.
THICK NECKS - heard, not seen
- Role(s) for Black Actor(s)
Blacktop Sky premiered at the Unicorn Theatre in Kansas City, MO in January 2013 under the direction of Mykel Hill.