Full Length Play, Dramatic Comedy / 1m, 1f
"Saracho’s writing is so sharp, full lives take shape with an economy of words...a powerful piece with a fresh voice and a bright future." - Denver Post, Read More
ON BREAKING CHARACTER
Scene Study and Classroom Reading: Plays for Colleges and Universities
by Becca Schlossberg
August 23, 2019
March 27, 2019
KeywordsBetrayal, Hispanic issues, Media, Theatre/Entertainment Industry, Latinx Interest, Women's Interest
- Strong Language
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A Hollywood TV studio, after work hours.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
LUCIA - 28, Mexican-born, acculturated. When in Mexico one would call her a "Fresa" but here, she's just an Americanized Mexican who navigates the codeswitching between Spanish and English as well as the rest of her (globalized) generation.
ABEL - Early 30's, born in the U.S. Mexican-American but quite Mexicanized. Born and raised in LA, proud of his Mexican heritage.
- Role(s) for Latino Actor(s)
Fade premiered at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts in Denver, CO in February 2016 under the direction of Jerry Ruiz.