by Freyda Thomas
Full Length Play, Comedy / 4m, 3f
Splitting Heirsis an original comedy in verse, very loosely based on Le Légataire universelby Jean-François Regnard.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: 18th Century
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The home of Geronte in Paris.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
ERASTE - Nephew to GERONTE, bumbling, awkward, shy, loveable, scared of his uncle, madly in love with ISABELLE
ISABELLE - The girl next door. Everything you’ve ever wanted in an ingenue and less. Never says more than three words in a row until the epilogue. Conveys her character in poses. Lisps.
CRISPIN - (Kree-SPAN) Servant to ERASTE, jack-of-all-trades, bon-vivant, master of disguise. Fences, plays a German doctor, a woman and impersonates GERONTE.
LISETTE - Prototype comic maid, servant to GERONTE, in love with Crispin. Sharp, sassy, plays a man in one scene.
GERONTE - An old, sick miser. Dies several times.
MME. ARGANTE - ISABELLE’S mother. Lady Bracknell in Paris.
POQUELIN - GERONTE’s lawyer. A very short man. (Also Plays the GENDARME).
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Parts for Senior Actors