"Acerbic, funny [...] brilliant stuff. The Moors is first-rate entertainment." - New Haven Review, Read More
"Truly clever and intelligent. You really ought to see this." - The New York Times, Read More
ON BREAKING CHARACTER
Top 15 Plays and Musicals About Siblings
April 8, 2019
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Mandatory Music/Media Fee: £32 per performance
- Time Period: Victorian (British and American)
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The 1840s...ish. The bleak moors...of England?
- Additional Features: Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
HULDEY - F, Younger spinster sister. She has a diary. She wants to be famous.
EMILIE - F, The governess. A romantic with a sweet face.
MARJORY - F, The scullery maid. Down-trodden. Strategic.
THE MASTIFF - M, The dog. He looks fierce and brutal but is a sad philosopher-king.
A MOOR-HEN - F, A small chicken. Practical but easily frightened.
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
The Moors premiered at Yale Repertory Theatre in New Haven, CT in February 2016 under the direction of Jackson Gay.