1924. The Paris Olympic Games.
A devout Scottish Christian runs for the glory of God. The son of an immigrant Lithuanian Jew runs to overcome prejudice. Two young track athletes who live for the beautiful purity of running and who prevail in the face of overwhelming odds.
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
This title is currently restricted. Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: 1920s
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The action of the play is fast, confident and continuous. Always something to focus on, especially in scene changes.The performance should require effort – an athletic event itself. By the end the performers should be exhausted.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
Casting32m, 2f, 2boy(s), 7m or f
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Roles for Teens
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras
presents A HAMPSTEAD THEATRE PRODUCTION
CHARIOTS OF FIRE ON STAGE
CHARIOTS OF FIRE STAGE ADAPTATION
BY MIKE BARTLETT
Based on the Enigma Productions Limited motion picture
By arrangement with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
And Allied Stars S.A. Panama
Screenplay by Colin Welland