“An indecently funny play!” - Variety
“If there’s ever been theater that invites a discussion afterward over a glass or seven of wine, then Poor Behavior is it.” – NBC4 New York
“A weekend getaway… provided your idea of a getaway is Napoleon’s retreat from Russia.” – The New York Times
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: A comfortable weekend home in the country.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
MAUREEN - high-strung, narcissistic, often hysterical; has a ready self-pity.
ELLA - good-natured, passionate, idealistic, with just enough self-deception at her disposal.
IAN - Irish; has lived in the states for over ten years; bitter, funny, brilliant; he is angry at himself for all his bad decisions. Angry at the universe, too. Ready to burn the store to get what he wants. Is also wounded and vulnerable; it’s important that his woundedness be seen.
- Not Applicable
Poor Behavior premiered at the Center Theatre Group in Los Angeles, CA in September 2011 under the direction of Douglas Hughes.