A handsome new tutor brings reckless, romantic desire to an eccentric household. Over three days one summer the young and the old will learn lessons in love: first love and forbidden love, maternal love and platonic love, ridiculous love and last love. The love left unsaid and the love which must out.
Ivan Turgenev's passionate, moving comedy, A Month in the Country, has been a source of inspiration for films, a ballet and the plays of Chekhov.
Patrick Marber's Three Days in the Country premiered at the National Theatre, London, in July 2015.
- Los Angeles DRAMA CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD for Best Adaptation 2019
"Patrick Marber turns out another gem" - The Telegraph, Read more
"A young tutor sets hearts aflutter in Patrick Marber’s witty, elegant and mercifully truncated update of Turgenev" - The Guardian, Read more
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: 19th Century
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Ensemble cast