"Perfectly wonderful! Among the season's finest plays. It is tender, funny, packed with humanity and brimming with surprising revelations. Bathsheba Doran has written a play with such compassion and wry wisdom that I emerged from the theater into yet another frigid day feeling warmed from within." - The New York Times
"Wise and exquisitely crafted." - Time Out New York
"The best new play of this young year." - Deadline.com
KeywordsAdolescence, Black issues, Friendship, Jewish/Yiddish issues, LGBT issues, Love, Marriage, Parenting/Family
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Nudity/Partial Nudity
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The play takes place on the outskirts of major cities in the American south.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Role(s) for Black Actor(s)
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Charlotte and her parents, Lucinda and Howard, are Caucasian. Lucinda is a Southerner. Howard is a New York transplant. At the top of the play Charlotte is twenty-one years old. Jonny is African-American and the same age as Charlotte.