"Mark Ravenhill keeps things creepy in his monologue, The Experiment, in which he plays the satiny-voiced, slippery narrator… The story, and the narrator's level of complicity, keeps shifting. Ravenhill asks us to consider which version, if any, might be acceptable, and how much we might be willing to avert our eyes from for the greater good." - Independent
"Crammed with slippery language, it evokes a vortex of atrocity from fairytales to Mengele and Medea." - The Times
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £39 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
This title is currently restricted in London, please contact the Licensing Department for further details.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, The Future
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
Casting1m or f
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Note from Mark Ravenhill: I'm happy for any of the parts to be played by whoever, whatever gender. The gendered casting is only a suggestion and the parts are open to anyone wherever they are on the gender spectrum.