Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 1f
Sara's having a bad week. Really bad! The light bulbs in her apartment keep burning out; there's a leak in the roof; the aquarium is full of dead fish; the cat's gone AWOL, and her father -- who chased off her last beau -- is suspicious of Tom, their new neighbor, a TSA agent who just brought Sara home from the emergency room on New Year's Eve.
Reviews"Mr. Caisley’s writing is generously geared toward actors, allowing for some smart back-and-forth dialogue among the four eccentric characters." - The New York Times
"The talented Caisley is back with another play that stretches the boundaries of neurotic behavior, but with a more comically romantic slant." - Curtain Up
"Caisley convincingly and delightfully provides a poignant analysis of the experiences that have led Sara to become fate's victim. This sparklingly written aspect of Lucky Me provides moments of satisfying and engrossing quality theatre." - Talkin' Broadway
"With 'Lucky Me,' Caisley, Barabas and company have crafted a meditation on the reality-altering toxicity of human relationships — and the ultimately winning ways of the heart — in a manner that’s fast-paced, funny, and occasionally fearsome." - Asbury Park Press
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Denver, Colorado. Sara’s second-floor, two bedroom apartment. Between New Year’s Eve and July 4th of the same year.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
TOM - her neighbor, around the same age; he works for the TSA
LEO - Sara’s elderly father; he is blind
YURI - the landlord, whatever age works; he is Ukrainian
- Ensemble cast
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors