Full Length Play, Drama / 2m, 2f
"Grand Concourse may well break your heart. You may need tissues by the end." - New York Post, Read More
"Insightful with a moving, even shocking epiphany." - Huffington Post, Read More
"[Heidi Schreck] writes fluid, natural dialogue and creates detailed characters that offer generous opportunities for actors...the words have the ring of plain truth." - The New York Times, Read More
"While most stories about nuns can’t resist being feel-good and sincere, the best thing about Schreck’s story is its dry-eyed lack of sweetness and sentiment. Amen to that." - New York Daily News
"Heidi Schreck's Grand Concourse, [is] a brutal response to the notion of unconditional forgiveness and never-ending charity. With its pointed perspective and merciless plot, Grand Concourse is likely to rouse flashes of anger and sadness. A master provocateur of a playwright, it's nearly impossible to walk away unscathed by Schreck's harrowing tale." - TheatreMania, Read More
ON BREAKING CHARACTEROur Picks for 2019 Fall Plays
March 27, 2019
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A soup kitchen off the Grand Concourse in The Bronx.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
EMMA - 19. A college dropout who volunteers for Shelley.
OSCAR - The handsome janitor of the soup kitchen.
FROG - One of the homeless patrons.
- Role(s) for Black Actor(s)
- Role(s) for Latino Actor(s)
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)