She Talks to Beethoven
Short Play, Drama / 1m, 1f
After the sudden and mysterious disappearance of Suzanne Alexander's husband, she seeks solace in the spirit of the composer Ludwig van Beethoven, whose letters she has been studying.
Reviews"To many, Ms. Kennedy has blended the surreal and the social to invent a new dramatic form." - The New York Times
"[Kennedy creates] “hauntingly fragmentary lyrical dramas [that powerfully explore] the violence racism visits on people’s lives.” - Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £30 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
This title is currently restricted. Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: 1960s, 18th Century
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Accra, Ghana, in 1961, soon after independence.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
SUZANNE ALEXANDER - A Writer
The music in the piece should equal in length with the text. Anonymous diary entries are from actual sources.
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)