Welcome Back to Ivy Gap
by Ron Osborne
Full Length Play, Comedy / 1m, 5f
Welcome back to First Baptist of Ivy Gap. After a fire that resulted in the death of the church’s beloved pastor, the sanctuary has been renovated and a new pastor has been called. The third installment of the “First Baptist” trilogy, Welcome Back to Ivy Gap is a poignant look at colorful characters who – while being given second chances – share laughs, love and forgiveness.
Reviews"Mostly funny but oftentimes downright touching,... Although the play is 'Welcome Back to Ivy Gap,' please know that having been there previously is no requirement for enjoying this hilarious but warm play." - Bristol Herald Courier
"Welcome Back to Ivy Gap is a charming and whimsical little comedy that follows up playwright Ron Osborne’s First Baptist of Ivy Gap and Showtime at Ivy Gap. This latest installment is at least as much fun as its predecessors and every bit as funny...Welcome Back to Ivy Gap is full of laughs and good country charm, and provides a quaint and cozy evening of entertainment for the whole family." - SWVA Today
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Early Autumn 1970, five-months following Pastor Ellington’s death. The majority of the action takes place in the church’s fellowship hall located in a fictional town in east Tennessee.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
OLENE – A shapely member of the church whose “infamous” past haunts her future – late 40s.
MAE ELLEN – The church’s organist and choir director who wants a whole lot more – early 50s.
VERA – A flamboyant, influential member who takes no prisoners – mid-60s.
LORETTA – A new member of the church who’d like to be someone she’s not – early 50s.
JOSEPH J. JENNINGS – The church’s new pastor who’s trying to replace a legend – late 40s.
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Parts for Senior Actors