A person sits on a bench at the edge of an abyss. In the style of Theatre of the Absurd, this is simply done as a bench on the edge of the apron. Along comes a second person contemplating "a heroic dive." Their repartee, the meaning of where they really are and what they are really there for, draws out the humor and conflict of the edge. What is the abyss and what are these people doing here? Comic and terrifying concepts mix with these lives that are drawn to the edge, the confrontations here, and the concludion that life is precious after all. A terrific, bare stage, 2 character piece!
Published in Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 6th Series.
- Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
Winner! 2001 Best Play: British One-Act Finals
Winner! 2007 Best Play at ALL IRELAND FINALS at ROSSMORE, IRELAND.
Winner! 2012 Whitemoss Trophy (UK)
- Minimum Fee: £39 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: The present. A bare stage with a bench.
- Additional Features: Local Celebrity Cameo
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
Casting2m or f
- Non-Traditional casting
- Cross gender casting
- Flexible casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Could be cast with 2 Females or 1 Male and 1 Female. Feel free to change genders. This comedy works well with an all FEMALE, all MALE, or mixed cast.