- FINALIST! 2001 Pulitzer Prize in Drama
NOMINEE! 2000 Outer Critics' Circle John Gassner Award
"Deftly presents senility as an exaggerated state of the natural human condition...Deeply theatrical and often deeply funny." - The New York Times, Read More
"...terrific ear for dialogue and wonderfully naturalistic characters...this is one playwright we need to hear a lot more from." TheatreMania, Read More
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
HIDDEN GEM: Get 30% off licensing fees for this show. The reduced price will not show during the application process, but will be added after you apply by our licensing team.
- Time Period: 1990s, 1980s
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Greenwich Village and the Upper West Side of Manhattan from 1989 to 1991.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ELLEN FINE - Her daughter, a psychiatrist, 50s
DANIEL REED - Ellen's son, a speechwriter, 20s
HOWARD FINE - Ellen's husband, Daniel's step-father, a psychiatrist, 50s
DON BOWMAN - A Painter and waiter from Lynn, Massachusetts, 30s
- Ensemble cast
- Parts for Senior Actors
The Waverly Gallery premiered at Williamstown Theatre Festival in August 1999 under the direction of Scott Ellis.