The Lion in Winter
Full Length Play, Dramatic Comedy / 5m, 2f
Sibling rivalry, adultery, and dungeons – The Lion in Winter, by James Goldman, is a modern-day classic. Comedic in tone, dramatic in action – the play tells the story of the Plantagenet family, who are locked in a free-for-all of competing ambitions to inherit a kingdom.
"A work of intelligence, astringent wit, and much theatrical skill." u2013 The New York Times
"Marvelously articulate language, with humor that bristles and burns." – The Los Angeles Times
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £69 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: Medieval (6th-14th c.)
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Christmas, 1183. Henry's Castle at Chinon, France.
- Features / Contains: Elaborate / High Volume Costumes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ALAIS - a French Princess
JOHN - the youngest son
GEOFFREY - the middle son
RICHARD LIONHEART - the oldest son
ELEANOR - Henry's wife
PHILIP - King of France
- Not Applicable