by Steve Yockey
Full Length Play, Drama / 3m, 1f
Ben is a timid young city-dweller who freaks out when his roommate Jack brings home a big bad wolf for a one-night stand. When he tries to rescue Jack, Ben sets into motion a dangerous chain of events that will alter the world as they know it...
- Listed in Out Magazine's Top-10-Stage-Plays of 2012!
FINALIST- 27th Annual Lambda Literary Award, for best LGBT Drama of 2014/15
Reviews"Playwright Steve Yockey fractures a familiar yarn – the Red Riding Hood story – into a prismatic and sometimes lacerating refl ection of the monsters that lurk in the streets of the big city – and also within." – Los Angeles Times, Read More
“Steve Yockey’s study of a small town boy unhinged by jealousy is his best play to date — smart, gory, bewitched.” – Atlanta Journal & Constitution (Best of 2012)
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A small apartment in a big city.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
BEN - a young man, managing to look innocent and pretty together in spite of deep delusional psychosis and a crippling unrequited love. He covers well until he can’t. Barefoot, bed‐head, in jeans and a v‐neck white t‐shirt.
JACK - a young man, pretty, cocky, thinks he knows better, but without of place and a little too willing to believe; thus, starting to see things, but fighting it. In a fitted dark polo shirt & tight jeans, dressed for a date.
WOLF - a man, a bit scruffy, a guy’s guy. Casual, amiable, charm with hint of sorrow. But it’s more in what he says not how he says it. In a tight, graphic print t‐shirt & Levis sporting a dark blue bandana in his back left pocket.
- Multicultural casting