When most people speak of their high school experience it usually has more to do with the social part than the academic part. The real life lessons are learned outside of the classroom and in the halls, cafeteria, parking lots, and anywhere students are allowed to be themselves. It is this social interaction that is the focus of Third Class and the settings in which all of the scenes and monologues take place.
Third Class is the fourth in Brad Slaight's "Class" plays series and continues to explore the school experience from the students' POV via the many experiences they encounter as they interact with each other. Like the other Class Plays, Third Class addresses a variety of contemporary topics and issues, both humorous and serious, that make up the important and unpredictable high school years.
The many scenes and monologues have been arranged in a “suggested” order and you may find it necessary to change the order and/or omit some of the scenes depending on your needs.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 75 Minutes
- Setting: A modern High School; the present. The set can be as simple or complex as you wish to make it. In the script I have suggested using cubes that can be moved around and stacked to simulate settings for the individual scenes when needed. You may also consider using a "two color" set, which reflects your school colors.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Features Children
- Roles for Teens
- Flexible casting
- Roles for Children
- Room for Extras
Because of the number of scenes you can use more or less than the suggested cast.