Pamela Buford and Brian Hastings, two young actors, members of a local summer theatre company, get involved with a production ofOthello, starring Keith Garrick and his wife, Kay Charles, two major stars. Keith has an offer from London to star as Othello in a repertoire that has Hamlet played by a black actor, and Othello played as a Caucasian. By staging the plays in stock he hopes to prove that color-blind casting doesn't make any sense. Romantic entanglements and ethnic casting are some of the problems that arise in this comedy.
Reviews"You always tickle my funny bone." - Jerry Stiller
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £30 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Non-Traditional casting
- Multicultural casting