Jonathan and Wendy meet through a magazine lonely hearts column and arrange to go on a blind date with a difference: it takes place in Jonathan's living room. Neither of them has particularly high hopes, having had bad romantic experiences in the past, but gradually they overcome their nerves and awkwardness and agree to make it a proper date over dinner.
This play may be performed individually or as the first act in Duets, a comedy in four acts.
"This bittersweet quick-change comedy is streaked with pathos and is effortlessly charming, with each character sketched with verve and skill." - Sydney Morning Herald
"Quilter's understanding of human desires and quirks is on show and probed so endearingly ... A warm and funny exploration of love and other bruises." - Daily Telegraph
"Compelling, dense, funny and varied ... The language is always beautifully rendered, character-specific, and emotionally satisfying ... a play to be treasured!" - Atlanta Theater Review
Video clip of the Dallas production -
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £30 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 30 minutes
The living room of an apartment.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors