To Have and to Hold
Short Play, Drama / 3f
Shocked at her fathers sudden death, Susan has rushed from London where she is rehearsing a new play. As she and her mother, Margaret, return from arranging the funeral they are immediately she and her mother, Margaret, are at loggerheads. Even the a…
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £30 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: A dining-room and a bedroom, which can be easily portrayed in one set with appropriate lighting; time changes can be represented by recorded news bulletins and/or music.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
F3 (33, 58, 63) 1 male voice
Margaret, aged 63 and 33, doesn't have time for emotions. She has a home and a family to look after. Why doesn't anyone else see that?
Lilian, Margaret's younger sister, aged 58 and 28, admires Margaret's strength of character. "Too soft for her own good", Lilian rarely puts her own needs first.
Susan, aged 38 and 8, has her mother's determination but her father's compassion. Failing to make a success as an actress and desperate to make a futile relationship with a married man work for her, Susan hasn't been the daughter her devoted father deserved.
George, aged 38, voice only, should never have married Margaret but the marriage has given him his darling daughter Susan.
- All Female