Seven Stages of an Affair
Short Play, Drama, Dramatic Comedy / 1m, 1f
This sophisticated, witty take on an extra-marital affair was joint runner-up in the National Drama Festival Association's George Taylor Memorial Award. Caroline is married to dependable Robert, has two children and runs an employment agency. When at…
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £30 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: Seven Stages of an Affair takes place in the present in various settings - an office, a restaurant, a bar, a car park and a hotel room - but can be easily represent with a few props and suitable sound and lighting.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Multimedia
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Caroline is a good wife, good mother, good employee and, much to her surprise, a good lover. However the pleasure she feels in her relationship with Tony isn't enough to counteract the pain she feels living a lie.
Tony prefers to do rather than think. Whether in the boardroom, bedroom or gym, maintaining the image he has created for himself is more important than facing the truth.
- Not Applicable