They Call It Murder
Full Length Play, Drama / 3m, 4f
Despite his lowly origins Mr Dalrymple has done well, and now that he is elderly and ailing speculation inevitably arises as to the disposal of his money among his three granddaughters. One, Peggy, neurotic and inhibited, is driven to take drastic st…
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1970s
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: A living-room, comfortable but shabby. Two doors, one window.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Peggy Strange: 3s, a bank clerk and the elder sister of the three. Good looking but quietly dressed, has a worried, preoccupied air. She is mature beyond her years.
Babs Strange: 20s. a nurse, the middle sister, a happy hedonist, attractive, extravert and good-humoured.
Julie Strange: 18. the youngest sister, pretty and clever, on her way to university.
Howard Pierce: Peggy's fiancee, 30-40. Amiable and easy-going.
Julian Fudge: A male nurse, personality plus, effeminate and sinister. late 20s.
Mrs Moore: The home-help and neighbour. Warm-hearted,kind and gossipy. 50s
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
First presented by Howard Theatre Productions at the Leas Pavilion, Folkestone, Kent in July 1976