- Nominee! Outer Critics Circle John Gassner Award
"The deepest and richest of the three plays by Annie Baker that make up the Shirley, VT Plays Festival...Editor's Pick!" - The Boston Globe
"An engaging new comedy by a young playwright with a probing, understated voice...Its quiet rewards steal up on you." - The New York Times
"Sexuality's endless capacity to make us miserable is the keynote of Annie Baker's gentle satire, which takes just four actors and 90 minutes to spin an astonishingly complex web of emotions and ideas...Body Awareness is a smart, modest work about ordinary, flawed people, grasping for connection, but none of it feels small, thanks to Baker's sharp ear for the deeply painful—and funny—longings squirming under her characters' dialogue. What a beautiful start to a young playwright's theatrical body of work." - Time Out New York
"An impressive and occasionally beautiful meditation on the mysteries of being moved." - The New Yorker
"When you're looking around trying to find interesting plays, the first thing you listen for is the truth of the author's voice" - Neil Pepe, Artistic Director, Atlantic Theatre Company
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: £55 per performance plus VAT when applicable.
This title is currently restricted. Please submit a license request to determine availability.
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A kitchen. A bedroom. A blackboard.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
JARED - 21, her son
PHYLLIS - 45, her girlfriend
FRANK BONITATIBUS - 59
- Not Applicable