Questions and answers to help you make the most of Abbott. Contact us at email@example.com if you need any more help.
What is Abbott?
Abbott is Samuel French's new digital platform, designed specifically for play reading. Through Abbott, you can explore a huge collection of digital plays and musicals, ready to read on your mobile device, tablet or computer: anytime, anywhere. Whether reading for rehearsal, line learning, study or for pleasure, Abbott puts the world’s best scripts at your fingertips.
How do I set up an Abbott account?
Creating an account on Abbott is easy. All you need is a free Samuel French account to gain access. You can create your free Samuel French account here. If you already have a Samuel French account, you can log in here.
To access your Abbott account, simply visit www.AbbottReader.co.uk, and log in with your Samuel French account log in.
Can I purchase eplays on the Samuel French website to use on Abbott?
Absolutely! All ePlays purchased on the Samuel French website will be added to your Abbott account.
Your ePlays will be accessible in Abbott under Purchased ePlays, as well as through the Abbott tab on the My Account section of the Samuel French website. In order to purchase ePlays through SamuelFrench.co.uk, you will need to be logged in to your account.
You can find a guide for accessing purchased ePlays on Abbott here.
Abbott is perfect for reading plays on the go. To take Abbott with you will need to add our web app to your device.
Abbott is available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and the web.
You can find a guide for saving Abbott to your device here.
How to add Abbott to your Device
Your smartphone or tablet’s home screen isn’t just for apps. Whatever platform you’re using, you can pin your favorite websites to your home screen so you can quickly access them. Simply follow the instructions below to add Abbott to your home screen.
On iOS Devices
This feature is available for Safari on both iPhones and iPads, and offers quick access to Abbott, directly from your iOS device’s home screen.
1. Open up Safari from the Home Screen. In Safari, visit www.AbbottReader.co.uk
2. Click on the “Action” button as shown below...
3. In the opening pop-up menu select the “Add To Home Screen” option.
4. Click the “Add” button.
5. Your iOS device will now return to the home screen, and you’ll see the Abbott icon.
On Android & Kindle Devices
This process is also applicable for Chrome on Windows devices.
1. Launch the Chrome App and visit AbbottReader.com.
2. Tap the menu button and select “Add to homescreen.” You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
3. The Abbott icon will appear on your home screen like any other app shortcut or widget.
How to purchase and access eplays
After purchasing your play on the Samuel French website, accessing your new title is easy. Follow this tutorial to seamlessly read ePlays at home and on the go.
1. Visit A Samuel French Title and Select "ePlay Download." Once you have done this, select "Add to Cart."
2. Click the Shopping Basket icon in the top right corner of your screen when you're ready to finalize your purchase.
3. Select the "Checkout" option in the shopping cart. Here you will add all appropriate billing information. When checking out online, the Samuel French website will remind you that you are purchasing an Abbott ePlay by displaying a series of notifications. Click "Confirm" when you are ready.
Once completed, you will see a Thank You message with a link to your Bookshelf. Select the "Go to My Bookshelf" button in order to be directly taken to your Abbott Bookshelf.
Please note: You should be logged in to Abbott with your Samuel French Account in order to have a seamless experience.
4. Access your ePlay. You can access your ePlay in My Account on the top right corner of the Samuel French website. Once in your account, click on the Abbott tab. There you can see all the eplays you've bought. You can also go directly to the Abbott app and see your ePlay purchases under "My ePlays."